Hey guys, it's JV. You've obviously been searching the internet for information on Wealthy Affiliate and now you want to learn about Wealthy Affiliate alternatives.
Here's the deal...
Most of the articles out there that are written about Wealthy Affiliate alternatives, include programs that are nothing like Wealthy Affiliate.
How can that be an alternative to Wealthy Affiliate!
First let's take a look at what Wealthy Affiliate is so that we can compare apples to apples.
Here is what Wealthy Affiliate offers:
- Managed WordPress Hosting
- Site Builder
- Affiliate Marketing Training
- SEO Training
- Content Marketing Training
- Keyword Research Tool
- Content Writing Tool
- Site Comments Tool
- Site Feedback Tool
- Research Tool
- Engaged Community
- Live Chat
- Site Support
That is just a brief rundown of what you get at Wealthy Affiliate.
You can see everything at my full Wealthy Affiliate Review.
So if we are going to look at Wealthy Affiliate alternatives, they, at the very least need to provide most of the same things.
The first thing on the list above is Wealthy Affiliate Hosting.
As far as I'm concerned, a program has to have hosting if they are going to be an alternative to Wealthy Affiliate.
Top 3 Wealthy Affiliate Alternatives
All of these Wealthy Affiliate alternatives offer website hosting as well as training and an engaged community.
1. Solo Build It
I started my online business at Solo Build It back in 2007 and was very happy there for many years. I eventually grew unhappy there and left in 2015.
More on why I left below.
Solo Build Is is a direct competitor of Wealthy Affiliate and the programs are very similar.
Here are some of the things that Solo Build It Offers:
- Site Builder
- Content 2.0 Tool
- Keyword Research Tool
- Engaged Community
- Site Support
- And More
The big difference between Wealthy Affiliate and Solo Build It is that SBI does not have a free option to join.
They do have a free trial period, but you need to provide a credit card and if you do not cancel by the end of your trial, you will be charged.
The other problem that I have with Solo Build It is that your subscription only allows you to host one website, as compared to ten websites at Wealthy Affiliate.
Let me tell you why I left...
I built my first website at Solo Build It in 2007, although it was called Site Build It back then.
I went through all of the training at SBI and I really learned a lot.
After a while, my website started getting traffic and I started making a little money from it.
I had an idea for another website that I thought could be profitable.
That is when I found out that I needed to purchase a second subscription to SBI if I wanted to build a second website.
Back then the price was $359 per subscription!
That was a lot of money, but my first website was making money., so I decided to invest in another one.
Eventually the second website started getting traffic and making money and I had an idea for a third website, but the thought of paying for a third subscription to SBI was killing me.
That is when I started looking for alternatives and I found Wealthy Affiliate, where I could pay one price and host all of my websites there.
I still recommend and promote Solo Build It because I think it is the right program for some people.
It all depends on how you learn and what kind of look and feel you like inside of a community.
The Solo Build It community is in the form of a forum and feels a little outdated to me.
I made a video where I take you inside of the Solo Build It community. You can see it over at my Solo Build It review.
The Wealthy Affiliate Community is more like a social media site. It reminds me of facebook.
I also made a video where I take you inside of the Wealthy Affiliate community and you can see that over at my Wealthy Affiliate review.
If you are serious about looking for Wealthy Affiliate alternatives, then you have to look at Solo Build It.
I suggest that you join Solo Build It and take advantage of the free trial.
If you don't like it, cancel before the trial runs out.
You can also join Wealthy Affiliate for free to see what it is like.
At Wealthy Affiliate, your free trial never ends. You can stay a free member for as long as you like.
Another Wealthy Affiliate alternative is Affilorama, kind of.
Let me explain...
Affilorama is like an a la cart business building platform.
In order to get everything at Affilorama that is included with Wealthy Affiliate, you have to buy a lot of upsells.
Everything is an upsell.
Affilorama does have a free version, but it only includes:
- An affiliate marketing quickstart guide
- A downloadable roadmap to success
- 120 video lessons.
Everything else is an upsell.
And I mean everything.
If you want website hosting, it is an upsell.
If you want a keyword research tool, it is an upsell.
If you want SEO tools, yep upsell.
It is a big turnoff for me and that is why I don't recommend Affilorama.
Affilorama was started by Mark Ling who is an internet marketing multi-millionaire.
I would suggest not giving any of your hard earned money to Mark Ling.
You can learn more about him and his program at my Affilorama Review.
3. Buy Your Own Hosting and Use One of these Wealthy Affiliate Alternatives for Training.
The third option for Wealthy Affiliate alternatives is to secure your own website hosting and pay for training.
This Wealthy Affiliate alternative is becoming more and more popular, especially with the DIY community.
It can also be less expensive, depending on the training that you choose.
Let's break it down.
Best Wealthy Affiliate Alternatives for Hosting
- Bluehost - Bluehost is the most economical option and a great place for hosting if you are just getting started. They make it very simple to install WordPress. They include unlimited email for your domain. You can host multiple websites in your account. Right now I have negotiated a rate of $3.95 per month for my readers if you use my link. Click here to get Bluehost hosting for $3.95.
- WPX Hosting - This site is currently hosted at WPX Hosting. It is better than Bluehost, but it is also more expensive. If you are just starting out, bluehost is all that you need, but if you have an established site that is getting a lot of traffic, I would suggest moving to WPX and taking advantage of their WPX cloud for lightning fast speed. One of the things that I like about WPX is that they offer free website migration, so if your website is hosted elsewhere, they will move it to WPX for free. You can learn more about WPX hosting by clicking here.
Once you have chosen website hosting, now you need to get some training.
Let's take a look at some good Wealthy Affiliate alternatives for training.
Best Wealthy Affiliate Alternatives for Training
- The Affiliate Lab by Matt Diggity - The Affiliate Lab was created by Matt Diggity, a world renowned SEO and affiliate marketer. It is a very comprehensive course that covers everything an affiliate marketer needs to learn to be successful. The course includes checklists and downloadable templates and spreadsheets that will help facilitate your success. This is by far the best affiliate marketing course that I have taken to date. You can learn more in my Affiliate Lab Review.
- First Time Internet Marketing Profits or FIMP - Fimp was created by Ian Pribyl, author of the book, From Nothing. Ian originally created FIMP as the Free Internet Marketing Project and as it grew, he improved upon it and repackaged it into the extensive training course that it is now. Fimp has more than 18 hours of video lessons that cover everything you need to know in minute detail, including setting up your hosting account at bluehost. There is also a private FIMP facebook group where you can get support and network with other students. I highly recommend this training. You can learn more by checking out my FIMP Review.
- Super Affiliate System - The Super Affiliate System was developed by world famous internet marketer John Crestani. John has been featured in numerous publications like Forbes, Inc, and Yahoo Finance. Super Affiliate System contains more than 20 hours of training focused on affiliate marketing. It also includes some great resources like done for you landing pages. There is also training on how to install the landing pages on your website at Bluehost. It also has some really good training on paid traffic, if that is a direction that you want to take. I will say that it is a distant second, behind FIMP. The training at FIMP is much better in my opinion, especially for the beginner. You can learn more by checking out my Super Affiliate System Review.
Those are the only three Wealthy Affiliate alternatives for training that I would recommend at this time.
A Wealthy Affiliate Alternative for the DIY community
There is a huge contingent out there that prefers to do everything on their own, despite the best intended advice.
They want to build an online business while spending as little money as possible.
I have seen this done thousands of times and sometimes it is successful.
The problem is:
It usually takes much longer to see success.
Let's take a look at this Wealthy Affiliate alternative.
Here's how it works...
2. You use Google and YouTube to learn everything that you can about building a website and making money online.
Here is a great video on how to do keyword research to get you started.
This is a viable option, but the problem is that there is a lot of bad and downright misleading information on line about this subject.
Here are some free resources that you will find helpful:
- Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
- How to Choose a Niche
- Beginner's Guide to WordPress Plugins
- Free Keyword Research Tools
- Best Affiliate Marketing Books
- Top 10 Affiliate Programs
That should help you to get started on your own for the least amount of money.
This is not one of the Wealthy Affiliate alternatives that I recommend, but if you are persistent enough, you can succeed.
Final Thoughts on Wealthy Affiliate Alternatives
It is very difficult to find programs today that do everything that Wealthy Affiliate does, let alone do it well.
Look, at the end of the day, you have to decide if you are going to choose one of the Wealthy Affiliate alternatives or if you are going to join Wealthy Affiliate.
My advice to you is to join me at Wealthy Affiliate for free and see if you like it.
There is no obligation to upgrade.
Just take it for a test drive.
If you don't like it, then I would suggest that you try Solo Build It, because SBI is definitely better than the rest of the options.
If you prefer to do things on your own, then you should choose option number three. Setup your own hosting account at Bluehost and purchase the Affiliate Lab training program, or take your chances on Google and YouTube.
Whichever option that you choose, understand that it is hard work to build an online business and the only way that you will be successful is if you take action consistently.
Thanks for stopping by!